Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

We purchased our 2-10 warranty on closing at the recommendation of our realtor. We thought would help with any large unexpected costs we might have after buying a new home.

Well a few days after we moved in our upstairs HVAC went out! I thought OK, we'll just call the warranty company and they'll take care of us. Could not have been more wrong. I'll list the steps and the horrible experiences (usually a day between calls): 1) Submit claim via website 2) Call late next day, they can't find claim, it got 'stuck'.

Claim now submitted 3) Wait 4) Call - Am told that it may take 24-72 hours to get a response (remember we have no air conditioning upstairs and weather warm in Virginia) 5) After a couple of days I get my own contractor - he comes and diagnoses the issue 2 hours after I make the call to him. 6) We call them together and am told we're covered and they'll fix or replace 7) Contractor submits report 8) Wait 9) Call - am told will be another 24-72 hours! 10) Call. No resolution.

Am told contractor needs to call with diagnosis (he was told to email this before). 11) Call. No resolution 12) Call. Am told that claim finally moved to processing.

Am told they'll fix or replace 13) Call. 14) Call. Get told they could not find a local contractor for several days so will wave the 2nd opinion rule (good). 15) Call.

16) Call - finally my claim is reviewed!!! ... and denied! 17) Get 2nd opinion (another contractor I found, not them) 18) Submit their findings 19) Call 20) Call.

Am told contractor needs to call! 21) Contractor calls 22) Claim re-reviewed and DENIED! The whole reason I got their insurance was to cover things like HVAC. Now I am out thousands.

(the issue was hole in coils, they said was pre-existing condition even though I have home inspection by licensed inspector where they said all was working just fine). Wife unhappy. Kids unhappy. Me very unhappy.

I found the whole experience incredibility frustrating and painful. Every 1-800 number takes you to a call center. The reps have no way to do anything other than read whats in your file. You CANNOT get in touch with the same person more than once.

I got sick of calling them and getting nowhere. No help. Each rep tells you something different (e.g. its Ok to email..

no, you must have contractor call...Yes, you're covered (more than one rep said this).. .and finally not covered). No response for days. No answers.

This must be the worst company I've dealt with.

Even Comcast is better!!! I'm sick of even thinking about it.

Review about: 2 10 Home Buyers Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim.

Preferred solution: Cover my HVAC.

Comments

Yep..this company is a scam and we are not going to stand for it. I Hired a lawyer and will take them to court if they dont tesilve my AC issue...they make up every excuse in the book to not replace or repair items ..