Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Where do I start? I am typically a very easy-going and understanding person, and I have never felt strongly enough to leave a company a negative review until this one. My experience with this company has been absolutely absurd.

Short after moving into my home, we had some trouble with our plumbing. We called the home customer service and they said that they would send a local plumbing company out to investigate. I called the company on Thursday and the plumber couldn't arrive until the following Monday. I thought that was a little long to wait, but I understood. No big deal.

Monday comes and the plumber arrives. He takes one look at my plumbing, tells me that my pipes are too small to handle the load of the washing machine, says the warranty won't cover it, takes my $100 service deductible and leaves.

This didn't sound right to me so I called the the company and spoke to a representative who said that she believed it would be covered. She says that she will have to get a diagnostic report from the plumber before she can send someone out to fix it. She tells me this process should take 24 hours but I can hurry it along by calling the plumber myself. She states they will call me before the 24 hours is up.

I call the plumber a few times and ask for them to file the report. They said they would. 24 hours comes and goes and no call from the warranty company. I call the company myself they tell me that they still haven't heard back from the plumber. She said to please give them another 24 hours and they will call him personally.

Another 24 hours comes and goes, no call. So I call them. They said they still haven't heard from the plumber, but they would have another plumbing company come out and do a replacement report for an additional $100 service fee. I tell them that I don't think it's fair that I pay an ADDITIONAL service fee for the same issue. I shouldn't be charged because of the negligence of the people they choose to do business with. They trusted and contracted this plumbing service, not me.

After a little back and forth with the representative, they agree to waive the second service fee. She then tells me that she will send another plumbing company out to re-do the job. She tells me the name of the new plubming company and says that I may contact them myself to hurry the process.

I call this new plumbing company to schedule an appointment, the manager answers the phone and tells me that they do not do business with any home warranty companies and they never have. She says that I may pay for the work myself, but that they do not do contract work.

I call the home warranty company back again, explaining this entire process to another representative. She puts me on hold and calls this plubimg company. She comes back and says that she is sorry, but the only plumbing company they do business with in my area is the FIRST plumbing company they sent out! The plumbing company they can't get ahold of to get a copy of my diagnostic report. I live in a big, busy city. There are several plumbing companies near me, but they only do business with one.

She then tells me that she has sent my request to another department and that they will have someone look for a different plumbing company in my area and see if any are willing to take the job. She tells me this could take SEVERAL DAYS.

She says that if they do find a new company, they will have to come out and check on the issue, file a new report, and then I will have to wait and see if the work is approved before someone finally comes out to fix it.

So, at this rate, it's looking like it's going to take AT LEAST another 10-12 days to get anything done, for a grand total ALMOST THREE weeks without a washing machine. And I have a baby at home who makes lots and lots of dirty laundry. This has all been so difficult. I will be searching elsewhere for a home warranty next year and I will advise all of my family and friends to do the same.

Review about: 2 10 Home Buyers Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim.

Comments

Instead of searching for a new home warranty company, you could just search for your own plumber and get it fixed right away.

to Why not #1561340

This is what my home warranty is for. This is what we paid for. I shouldn't have to hire a plumber out of pocket because my warranty company is difficult to deal with.

Exactly my experience except I have an broken A/c Unit and a 93 year old suffering from heat, 2-10 DOES NOT CARE